September 21, 2015
my 10 floral tool kit MUST HAVES!
All these items are of course for those ‘just in case situations’. Some may seem like obvious choices, but they can also double for other situations you may find yourself in!
1. Floral Shears
2. Apron; because when you’re on a ladder, a place to hold a few items is essential in juggling!
3. Oasis Floral Adhesive; really this stuff is just rubber cement and will work on instantly adhering just about anything, especially flowers!
4. Pins; not only for on-the-spot corsage or boutonnieres, but for other things like, fixing draping or attaching things
5. ribbon shears; because flower shears just don’t work on fabric adjustments! I also like to be able to make bouquet ribbon adjustments if the bride decides it’s too long!
6. zip ties; I use the 11″ kind — and double and triple them if necessary! They’re super cheap compared to buying one 24″! Only about .10 each if buying them in bulk vs. the 24″ at about $1 each!
7. duct tape; fixes and hangs all sorts of things in a pinch! One time, the bride didn’t provide any string to attach her signs to her chairs, so we used duct tape!
8. krazy glue; Or if you love the LEGO movie, “the KRAGLE!!” I’ve used this when a reverse ball trumpet CAME APART… krazy glue fixed it and fixed it well in just a few minutes!
9. a wrist watch; to keep an eye on the setup time! This beats looking at your phone! I use my Disney Weddings watch — it’s the special one I wear for weddings!
10. green bind wire; hangs just about anything! Can also be used for boutonnieres, wrapping a bouquet (+ ribbon of course) and all sorts of things in a pinch!
Other things like corsage tape, extra foam and extra cages are also good items to have if you think something may be damaged in transport!
This beautiful swag is what the attendees of the last conference curated by Tart Event Co. The next Floral Collective is now open for registration! Signup here! Use code EARLYBIRD for $100 off!
Photo by Katelyn James